Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Music Highs!

Today I went over to D's house and we rewrote the piano and violin part to a Christmas song for our ward this year. We wanted the organ and congregation to join in on the last verse, and it simply didn't work with the version we had! So we had to transpose the organ part, then almost completely rewrite the primo and segundo piano parts. We work well together! She sits at the piano and creatively plays chords until she finds one that works, and I sit at the table with all pieces of music in front of me and put it together like you would a very complicated geometry problem. We got all parts done, then went to her piano and organ to play, and hooray! It worked. It felt so good to get that done in one afternoon, and it's going to be a spectacular hymn on Christmas day. The choir will sing the first verse with the piano, then the second piano part will come in, then the violins, then the organ and congregation. It will be amazing. I can hardly wait until Christmas!!

No comments: