Thursday, March 21, 2013

Today I had a funny conversation with my Little Miss. I recently told the kids that "good" was not an acceptable answer when I asked them how school went.  Today, after I asked them how school went, and they both said, "good," she said, "Wait! We're not ALLOWED to say 'good' anymore, remember?!"  Having forgotten that new rule, I said, "Yes! You need to tell me WHY it was good."  

This was her response: "Today was awesome because I got to edit papers just like Mrs. Munson does.  I did my second draft, and Mrs. Munson said it was so neat that I could just turn it in.  Then she told me to go edit the other kids papers. So I edited Elliot's paper. And that's why my day was awesome."

So--editing someone else's paper makes her day awesome.  My sister has been saying for years that she thinks Little Miss is going to be an editor when she grows up.  She is meticulous in her writing, and wants to make sure it is 100% correct.  The funniest, though, was when she found a spelling error in The Friend Magazine.  And then found another one a few months later! That's pretty spectacular for a second grader, I'd say. I'd like to think that she'll take after her aunt and make writing and/or editing part of her future!! 

No comments: