I keep avoiding posting on my blog because I feel like I have to catch up. I've decided I don't have to catch up!! I shall follow the example of my little sister, and do a few posts a week on anything I'm thinking of.
Tonight I'm just a little sad that a touch of my kids innocence has disappeared. In the past, I've had #1 (and recently #2) come home and tell me in hushed that so-and-so said the s-word in school. For a brief moment my heart stops and I think, "Really? A first-grader is saying the s-word?!?" After telling more of the story, I realize that he's talking about the word "stupid". I breathe a sigh of relief. Then some time in second grade he comes home and tells me that his cousin says the f-word. The f-word?!? What?!? His very own cousin? How could this be?!? I wonder if he is really saying that, and I ask him to spell it for me. He leans in and whispers, "F-A-R-T." Aaahhh. Admittedly, I hate that word. But it's much preferable to the word I know as the f-word! Thanks to some kid at the park, my kids know the real one now.
The good news is that they still think the s-words are "stupid" and "shut-up".
1 comment:
Yes, it is sad.
Post a Comment