Sunday, September 25, 2011

Abbreviations

I love having my calendar on my phone. Sometimes, however, its small screen creates unfortunate abbreviations. Imagine my son's shock when he opened my calendar for church today and read, "Lauren plays Poo." (She actually played "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief", and it definitely was not poo.) As I said, unfortunate abbreviations!

It reminded me of the time my sister, Lia, and I went to see a movie several years ago. We were walking down the long theater hallway to our movie, and ironically enough we were discussing diet techniques. As we were walking along, we were laughing at the movie titles that had been cut off. "So, I've been riding my bike in the morning." "Ha! Superman Ret." " I've been trying not to eat after 8:00 p.m." "You've got Ma. Good one." We were almost to our movie when she stopped and said, "Is this some kind of sick joke?!?" I looked up at the sign to the movie in front of us, and it said, "Big Fat Lia." They couldn't fit that "r" on the end of "Liar". Ha! What are the chances?!? Once again, an unfortunate abbreviation.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Do comments work?

K8yerM8 said...

How funny! Yes Comments work! :)