Friday, July 23, 2010

Sibelius!

I love my calling. Husband asked me last night if I would cry when they released me, and I answered with a resounding, "Yes!" If you had asked me 10 years ago whether being the ward music chairman was my dream calling I would have said, "no." Crazy how things change.

A friend of mine bought a program called Sibelius a few years ago, and as she's the choir director in our ward, we've had all sorts of fun rearranging songs for the choir to sing and for various musical numbers. We start with a hymn, and end with something spectacular. Every week I look forward to hearing the musical number in sacrament meeting. This May spouse bought me the same program, and it's been pure delight. After days of cleaning, cooking, watching, etc., it feels like a breath of fresh air to step into my computer room and create something beautiful and fulfilling.

This calling has enriched my life like no other has. I know I'll cry the day I get released!

No comments: