By the time my kids have watched certain movies a few times, I can't help but have quite a bit of the dialogue memorized (since I don't usually sit down to watch). Every once in a while a line from one of their movies goes through my head. Often while #2 is commenting on what's happening around her, I think of Winnie the Pooh talking to the Narrator, and the Narrator explaining in his deep voice, "I'M the narrator."
A few days ago I took the kids to the store right after Baby ate, against my better judgment. #2 was laughing about something when suddenly she gasped. "Oh No! Baby just threw up!" She could have left it at that. I was driving, and didn't want to pull over for a little throw up (which happens at least once a day with baby). However, she couldn't just leave it alone--she described every tiny detail for me: "He's rubbing his fingers in it. Now he's wiping it on his car seat! Oh NO! Now's he's putting his fingers in his mouth. Mom! He's EATING it!!"
Nice, isn't it? How can I blame her, though? Because this is my first post, and now I'VE given you the full description of the event. What can I say? I'M the narrator!
No comments:
Post a Comment